Every day, the Surfrider Foundation and our volunteer activist network work to protect our coasts. On International Surfing Day, we take a moment to celebrate and enjoy the beaches and waves that we all love.
With much uncertainty this year as we approach ISD 2020, we are anticipating that most parts of the country will not be able to participate in large scale ISD events. With that in mind, we have developed some ways to still enjoy ISD even if you cannot go to the beach or can only visit in a limited capacity. One of those is participating in our first annual CA ISD Virtual Surf Contest!
Announcing the First Annual, California International Surfing Day – Virtual Surf Contest!
How to enter:
- Go surfing! (in the ocean or at home)
- Film yourself or have a friend film you (distantly)
- Submit your video to this google drive before June 15th. Make sure to name submissions with your name and division.
- On ISD, June 20th post your video and tag @surfrider @surfrider_ca and #InternationalSurfingDay
- We will share the compiled “surf contest” video on June 20th and announce the winners!
- Couch surfing kings/queens
- Soul surfers
A highly esteemed panel of judges (aka your CA Surfrider staff) will analyze and score your “surfing” skills. Bribing is highly encouraged.
Winners will be announced on ISD, June 20th. 1st place in each division will win a prize! (We all know the best surfer is the one having the most fun!)