You’re invited to join the Surfrider Foundation and Business Alliance for Protecting the Pacific Coast (BAPPC) for an informational and social gathering at The Boardroom on July 31 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Attendees will hear from a panel of speakers on the Federal Administration’s plans to expand offshore oil drilling in the Pacific and the risk this poses to our local coastal economy, and what we can do to protect our coast. Business owners are welcome to attend and learn more about how to join the Business Alliance. Existing BAPPC members will have an opportunity to network amongst themselves.
The Business Alliance for Protecting the Pacific Coast is the leading business voice opposing new and expanded oil and gas development off the Pacific Coast because of the unacceptable and unnecessary risk it poses to our businesses and the lifestyles of our customers and employees. BAPPC aims to ensure the long-term health and vitality of our ocean ecosystems, coastal businesses, communities, and clean energy future. As of today, more than 3,800 businesses belong to BAPPC.
Special Guest Speakers:
* Sara Aminzadeh, CA Coastal Commissioner
* Delia Bense-Kang, Surfrider Foundation
* Irene Gutierrez, the Senior Attorney for Oceans
* Michael Charley, Sunski – Co Founder
* Marce Gutiérrez-Graudiņš – Founder / Executive Director, Azul, and member of the State Coastal Conservancy Governing Board
When: July 31 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm