Help Us Stop New Offshore Drilling
The Draft Offshore Oil & Gas Leasing Program for 2019 – 2024 would open thousands of miles of U.S. coastline to oil drilling, including regions such as the Atlantic and Pacific that have been protected for decades from this dangerous practice. The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) will soon open another comment period for citizens to provide feedback on the proposal. The agency will also hold public hearings in affected communities in the coming months.
Surfrider Foundation is determined to prevent this plan from being finalized, but we need your help. It’s time to make your voice heard. Please join us by submitting comments to BOEM and contacting your federal representatives. We also urge those in affected communities to attend upcoming public hearing to provide testimony against new offshore drilling in our oceans!
RELEASE OF PROPOSED PROGRAM
While the exact date is unknown, the next draft of offshore drilling plan is expected soon and will open another public comment period and set of public meetings.
APR – June: BOEM PUBLIC MEETINGS ON OFFSHORE DRILLING PROPOSAL
Schedule TBD. Stay tuned for more info
MAY 18: HANDS ACROSS THE SAND
Join hands agains offshore drilling at a local event near you: more info https://www.surfrider.org/coastal-blog/entry/hands-across-the-sand-coming-to-a-beach-near-you-on-may18
Federal and state lawmakers announced a package of bills on Tuesday January 8th, to block the Trump administration’s plans for new offshore drilling. Check out our coastal blog for more info!
Easy Ways To Take Action NOW!
- Sign the action alert on offshore drilling and share it.
- Sign the action alert on seismic blasting and share it.
- Call or write your federal reps to ask them to oppose new offshore drilling & seismic exploration.
- Business owner? Add your business to the growing coalition against new offshore oil drilling. Sign on letter HERE
- Get involved with your local Surfrider chapter or other community activities.
- Participate in ocean planning to establish protections for our marine environment.
- Support Surfrider’s Stop New Offshore Drilling campaign. Donate today and help us protect our coasts from new drilling and seismic testing.