Check out out latest podcast featuring the following thrilling topics!
- About the Whale: Marine Mammal Experts Explain Why Your Rescue Ideas Probably Would Not Have Worked
- Gray Whales are starving to death in the Pacific and experts want to know why
- Solana Beach on the verge of banning single-use plastics
- Surfrider Foundation San Diego County
- Surfrider Foundation California
- Civics Is Sexy!
Alongside Surfrider Foundation – Maui Chapter and our partners, we delivered strong arguments, and now it is up to the 9 Supreme Court Justices to decide whether they will side with the protection of our waterways or create a loophole for polluters in the Clean Water Act.
“‘If we don’t begin now, it will never happen in time to save our beaches,’ South Orange County Surfrider chapter coordinator, Denise Erkeneff told the council Tuesday.”
If you haven’t taken action yet, please do so! Extreme weather events, sea level rise and ocean acidification are putting our coastlines at risk, impacting everything from beachgoing to ocean recreation. Climate change impacts are also increasingly taking a devastating toll on coastal economies and local communities.