Lots happening in California this week to resist the Trump Administration’s plan to drill for oil offshore California.
Notably, we supported Assembly Joint Resolution 29, stating the California legislature’s opposition to the plan. The Resolution passed the Assembly on Thursday. On Wednesday, the Coastal Commission also approved a strongly worded letter opposing any plans to drill for oil offshore California – the first of a series of letters to go to BOEM. On Thursday, thousands rallied in Sacramento to oppose the plan and the inadequate public hearing. And, in case you missed it, last weekend cities across the state rallied to send a clear message to the federal government.
Check out all the media coverage:
- Coastal Commission on Trump’s offshore drilling plan: Ain’t gonna happen
- Californians Rally Against Offshore Drilling in Statewide Protests
- Remove California from offshore oil-drilling program, Coastal Commission tells Trump
- California officials vow to block Trump plan for more coastal drilling
- California State Assembly Condemns Trump Administration’s Offshore Oil Drilling Proposal
- A history of opposition to offshore drilling in California
- Trump’s push for new offshore drilling is likely to run aground in California