Offshore Oil Drilling Updates This Week
- How are you stopping new offshore oil drilling in California? Here are Surfrider’s latest action items.
- California Policy Manager Jennifer Savage on what you can do to help #DefendOurCoast.
- Do you love the thought of new offshore oil drilling and increased oil disasters along California’s coast? No? Oh, good. See you February 8.
- He’s talking… but where is the doing? Actions speak louder than words – which reminds us, have you taken action today?
- Do you live in a Republican district? (Looking at you in particular, Orange and San Diego Counties.) Let your representative know they need to speak up against new offshore oil drilling! #DrillingIsKilling
Plastic Straws in the Spotlight
“These diminutive sticks of hollow plastic that we use for a few minutes then toss, maybe in a trash can and maybe in the street, are adding substantially to the tons of plastic waste discharged into the ocean and lakes every year.” More in the LA Times.
Post Fire Storm in Ventura
Updates from the Ventura watershed – check out photos from the storm event and water run off.